Thursday, 9 April 2015

The Body Shop Beautifying Oil - Olive | Review

Hello

I've said it before and I will say it again, I'm far too lazy to keep on top of this body moisturising lark. That doesn't stop me from trying all variants though to see if something can sway me to stay loyal.


When I think of The Body Shop I think of their body butters more than anything, I didn't even realise they did moisturising oils. As it transpires they do 9 fragrances as part of the "beautifying oil" range; coconut, shea, moringa, cocoa butter, satsuma, olive, pink grapefruit, mango and strawberry. The one that I have is olive which honestly wouldn't be my first pick.

100ml of oil is housed in a plastic bottle with a flip top lid. It feels sturdy enough but I would be wary of traveling with any sort of oil to be honest with you, just in case.

The beautifying oil is very runny and a little does go a long way. It absorbs really quickly and easily and leaves your skin fragranced for hours. I have taken to using this before I go to bed and I can still smell it in the morning. After using the beautifying oil my skin is very soft and nourished. The ingredients contain; olive oil, kukui oil, sweet almond oil and marula oil. The overall scent is quite fresh with a tiny hint of floral coming through and it isn't overwhelming.

It does also state on the packaging that you can use on your face and body too which I personally just wouldn't. My skin is so finicky and I have enough hair products to last me a lifetime.

The beautifying oils from The Body Shop are £9 each for 100ml of oil which I think is good value. I would definitely be tempted to pick up another fragrance or three from the range.