Tuesday, 7 April 2015

LUSH Seanik Shampoo Bar* | Review

Hello

It's no secret that I'm a Lush fiend but Seanik is the first shampoo bar that I have tried.



You have no idea how much zero packaging makes me happy, I'm such a geek. I know not everyone "gets" Lush but I love how passionate they are about things like naked products and being vegetarian, it's not just pretty colours and glitter, although these are also amazing things. Slight tangent there but swiftly moving on.

So, no packaging. I store mine on a soap dish so that it doesn't get wet and is easy to get to. They do a shampoo bar tin which you can store yours in but they look to be a bit of a faff if I'm honest.

I was super skeptical about a solid shampoo bar, would it lather? Would it only last one wash? How do you use it? So, how I got on:

Would it lather/how do you use it? In a word, yes. Lots. I wet my hair under the shower first and then use the flat side to cleanse my hair. I overestimated the first time that I used this and it took ages to rinse. It's a bit of trial and error to be honest to get the right amount but when you do it's super easy.

Would it only last one wash? I don't wash my hair every day, its more like every third or fourth day so shampoo lasts ages for me. Seanik has lasted about 3 months so far and I've got about half left I think. Definitely get more than you think.

Seanik is designed for flat and fine hair which is what mine is, it makes my hair super clean which gives it a more voluminous look in general. Sea salt is added to Seanik to help with volumising too.

£5.75 sounds quite a lot for a small disc of product but you will not regret buying this. Go buy one, go buy two.