Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Merumaya Melting Cleansing Balm | Review

Hello

I've really gotten into balm cleansers over the past 12 months or so and after trying a sample of the Melting Cleansing Balm from Merymaya I was hooked.


Merumaya first came to my attention after being featured on Caroline Hirons blog (like most skincare admittedly) so I sent off for a sample. I love when companies do this as I hate buying something only to find it doesn't agree with my skin after I've used it a few times.

The packaging of the melting cleansing balm is definitely unisex and quite sleek looking in my opinion. I've only used balms in a pot before and I would have preferred this to not be in a tube, you can never get all the product out and it annoys me.

I like to remove my makeup using micellar water and then have a proper cleanse using a balm. This offering from Merumaya is liquid when it comes out of the tube which is a new one on me as I've only used solid ones in the past. It doesn't have a strong scent and it massages into the skin really well. When it has turned to an oil it gets rid of anything that you may have still lurking on your skin. I like to remove by using a flannel and my skin is very soft after using this balm. I still have the occasional breakout (who doesn't?) but my skin feels so much better since using this, it's really soft and nourished. The trick is to make sure you remove all of the product or you could end up with breakouts.

The Melting Cleansing Balm by Merumaya is £15.50 from John Lewis which I personally find reasonable and will definitely be repurchasing.