Thursday, 19 March 2015

Essence All About Matt! Powder | Review

Hello

I'm not particularly adventurous with my face powders, I tend to buy the same one over and over but at £20 a pop (from a brand that will remain nameless - purely for shame reasons!) I thought it was about time I had a change.


As always, let's start with the packaging. I really like the neon pink lettering and the plastic casing itself is very sturdy, and will not pop open in your bag.

A weird sidenote for you, my friend's boyfriend is called Matt and it makes me chuckle every time I use this. Matte with an 'e' guys, it irritates me!

This powder from Essence is finely milled but as it is a pressed powder you tend to get a lot of fallout over the pan/all over your floor. I find it best to prod it with my brush rather than swirl it, it still picks up enough product without wastage.

I used to have super oily skin which has calmed down now I'm getting on a bit, but I do still get an oily T-zone if I don't use powder which is what drew me to All About Matt! It is super easy to apply, keeps oil at bay and lasts all day (I'm not the sort of girl to do touch ups throughout the day) without ever, ever looking cakey.

I will definitely be buying this again and at £3 I am over the moon. Essence is available from Wilkinsons (Wilko apparently).