Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Topshop Gloss Ink Lip Stain in Smitten* | Review and Swatches

Hello

After previously being impressed with Topshop's makeup range on two occasions, here and here, I was excited to see how the Gloss Ink would fare.


I absolutely love the packaging that the Gloss Inks come in, matte black tubing with glossy black lettering, I think it looks so sleek and pretty. The applicator of Smitten is a doefoot wand which is my preferred applicator for a liquid product, I find brushes to be a bit too fiddly personally.

Smitten is a bright pink lip colour with blue undertones which is a little out of my comfort zone in honesty. 

Topshop say: "The Gloss Ink provides the high shine finish of a gloss combined with the long lasting colour of a stain. The lightweight texture means it can be worn alone or layered over other colours for a glossy, intense colour finish; or blotted for a matte, stain look."


I find the application of the Gloss Ink slightly gloopy but you soon get used to it, I worried that this would give me super sticky lips but thankfully this isn't the case. After the gloss has gone you are left with a "bitten" look as it leaves a stain behind.

The wear time is really good, as it stayed put for hours. Annoyingly they don't seem to be stocking these in Topshop any more but I have seen them in John Lewis.


  
The Gloss Inks are £8 each and are available in 5 colours.