Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara | Review

Hello

Spoiler! This is the best mascara I have ever used.


Normally I start with packaging but lets just get the awkwardness right out there, what a bloody awful name. I have a friend at work who is also a makeup nut who asked me what mascara I was using and I felt like a right idiot telling her.. "oh the pink one from Too Faced". I'm not a prude in the slightest, but I find it unnecessary.

So.. packaging, if it didn't have the name emblazoned on it it would be quite pretty, it feels weighty in your hand and I don't think I've seen a pink mascara tube before.

If you're a regular to Ruffles and Rabbits you will know mascaras don't float my boat, I find them all to do much of the same but this has really blown me away. I'm not sure if it is the brush, the formula or a combination of the two but it is definitely the one.


The brush is huge, so huge in fact I thought I would struggle using it but it hasn't been a problem at all. The bristles lift and separate to give massive doll-like lashes. The formula is jet black and dries really quickly. I can get away with one coat of this but I do prefer two if I have a big meeting or a bit more time in the morning. The formula never flakes or gives you a panda eye half way through the day.


That is just one coat which is still very impressive. If Too Faced hadn't called it Better Than Sex I would be telling anyone that would listen about it. This mascara costs £19.00 which is ridiculous for something you're meant to chuck away every three months but I really think it's worth it.