Thursday, 26 February 2015

Makeup Revolution Make Believe Eyeshadow Palette | Review and Swatches

Hello

As a rule I tend to stick to neutral eyeshadows as bright ones are a little out of my comfort zone. Give me a bright lip or a pop of colour on the cheeks anyday but eyes? I'm not sold. I thought for my first proper foray into the world of bright eyeshadows it should be cheap and cheerful and Make Believe from Makeup Revolution certainly fits the bill.


I'm not too keen on the packaging of this palette, I've lost the pin that keeps it close so it just sort of flaps open at any sign of movement. I much prefer when they snap shut more securely.

Left Side
Right Side

I usually find the pigmentation of Makeup Revolution shadows to be excellent, however with this palette I don't feel that they are as good as usual.For instance I was expecting something amazing from the neon pink shade but in reality it is just a baby pink when on the eyes. There are some good shades such as the turquoise, the bronze, the olive and the shimmery black. The brown eyebrow shade is actually really good on my skintone, it looks very natural but realistically I am never going to get any use out of the blonde.

The longevity of the shades that I do use is great, they easily last through my working day which is all I want really. For £4 I don't feel too peeved but I'm still disappointed with this palette.