Thursday, 19 February 2015

Essence 01 Coral Calling Lipstick | Review and Swatches

Hello

Slowly but surely I am trying pretty much everything that Essence have to offer, I love the pop up stand in the Arndale Centre as well as the selection in my local Wilkinsons. Wilko? Whichever.


Most of the lipsticks that Essence do are in a simple black tube with an "e" embossed on the lid and a stripe of colour indicating the shade around the side. I do like the packaging of this lipstick, it has a very satisfying "click"!

Coral Calling, as you would imagine, is a coral-pink shade with a creamy formula. I don't find the formula too dissimilar to the Cremesheen range from MAC for reference.


I really like that on the product itself it has the "e" of the Essence logo imprinted on to it. Most budget friendly companies don't really do things like that and I think it helps them to stand out from the crowd. The pigmentation of Coral Calling is excellent, you can build to an opaque coverage with no trouble at all. The only downside I feel is the longevity, as the formula is so creamy it doesn't last particularly long. Topping up throughout the day is pretty much a given but I don't really mind because I really love this lipstick.


Some people may think that coral is just for the warmer months, but I've never been one to play by the rules and think this is perfect all year round. Coral Calling is one of my most worn lip colours for work.

Coral Calling by Essence is available from Wilkinsons and is priced at £2.30 which is a total steal.