Thursday, 15 January 2015

Urban Decay Eye Primers | Review

Hello

Urban Decay's Primer Potion is perhaps the first eyeshadow primer I had ever heard of and honestly I didn't see the point. My eyeshadows last really well as it is and are well pigmented.


With the Naked palettes you get samples of each of the four eyeshadow primers that Urban Decay do; Original, Eden, Anti Aging and Sin. In each pod there is enough product for a week of use which is quite handy, I hate when you only get enough for half an eye or something ridiculous.


Original - "this undercover wonder works invisibly to keep colour in place"

Eden - "this nude matte formula preps lids and prevents shadow meltdown"

Anti Aging - "makes shadow last and in an 8-week clinical study:
  • 100% of participants had a measurable improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
  • 100% had measurably brighter skin.
  • 97% had a measurable improvement in radiance and clarity."
Sin - "just a dab of this formula prevents fading and creasing"


Of the four I prefer Eden and Sin purely because of the finish that they give, if I'm using matte shadows I use Eden and if I am using with a bit of sparkle then Sin is the one.

To be honest they don't make my eyeshadows last longer but I don't have any problems with that usually. They do however make the colours seem more intense.

After two months (I had two lots of each) of using these I'm still not sold, £16 for an eyeshadow primer? I don't think they do enough to warrant that price personally.