Tuesday, 20 January 2015

LUSH Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie* | Review

Hello

When I first opened up my tub of Turkish Delight I wasn't sure what to expect. This shower smoothie smells absolutely amazing, like proper roses rather than the synthetic scent that is used in most rose products.


The packaging is Lush's traditional black pot (trade 5 in and get a free fresh face mask - hooray!) which may not be the prettiest but it gets the job done. The lid screws on securely so you could easily chuck this in your suitcase without worry.

Turkish Delight is a very thick, almost paste-like soap which is weird at first but you soon get used to it. I grab a small handful and rub between my hands before using it as an all over body wash. As it is so thick I was worried that I wouldn't feel clean and fresh but thankfully this isn't the case. I do find that you need quite a lot to clean your whole body so this is more of a treat for me than an everyday product.

The main draw of Turkish Delight for me is the scent, it lasts all day and is just beautiful. Turkish Delight contains rose water, almond oil, cocoa butter and rose oil for a gorgeously moisturising cleanse. It is also Vegan which is always good news.

The huge drawback of this for me is the price.. £16.95 for 200g? I was expecting something more around the £8/£9 mark to be honest. If it wasn't so expensive I would definitely repurchase.