Wednesday, 24 December 2014

The Christmas Tag

Hello 

It's nearly time! How exciting. I was hoping to get this post up sooner but hey ho, life gets in the way sometimes. Thanks to Danielle for tagging me!

What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Ooh I have a few! I spent a Christmas at Disneyland Paris as a child which was absolutely amazing and I would love to do it again but I'm going to go with the Lake District. I love the Lakes, it makes me feel very calm and of course it is so beautiful.




Favorite Christmas movie?
My favourite Christmas film is The Nightmare Before Christmas which I know isn't to everyone's taste but I love it! I used to watch it with my Mum every Christmas Eve whilst my Dad was at work and I've carried that tradition on at my own home.


Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
I would like to say the nice list, I haven't been naughty at all really this year, unless you count things like eating cookies for breakfast but I don't think that counts!

Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes! In our first house at our first Christmas living together it started snowing on Christmas Eve and we woke up to a beautiful white Christmas. James' and I built a snowman in the back garden if I remember correctly.

Where do you usually spend your Christmas?
I spend Christmas at home in the morning and we open our presents in bed. After we have done ours Karl is allowed in our room and he opens his. After lunch we head to my parents for a game of Monopoly and a buffet tea (dinner if you're Southern). On Boxing Day we head to James' parents and spend the day there, eating and playing games.

Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Not exactly, when we were younger we always got new pyjamas on Christmas Eve and a fancy bath bomb. I have my Mum to blame for my Lush addiction!


Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Ha no, the only one that came to mind was Prancer. Fail.


What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
I love getting to spend time with my family, especially after last Christmas was such a bad one. I would be happy without any presents just getting to hang about with my family and tell each other daft jokes is enough for me.


Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake, mine is actually my Grandma's that she used to have. I always get a bit weepy putting it up but I like that I have something of hers that she really loved.

Hands down, what's your all-time favorite Christmas food and Christmas sweet treat?
I love a roast parsnip, James' Mum makes the best ones. Hmm sweet wise I usually have a Terry's Chocolate Orange for breakfast on Christmas Day. I'm ashamed to admit that to you.

Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I like both! I love seeing peoples faces when you get them something they really want or would never buy for themselves. Of course I like receiving things, but that's not the important part for me.

Does your family have a special Christmas recipe you like to help make?
No, I'm terrible in the kitchen!

Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I'm absolutely terrible, I've sent presents down to James' lot without even putting bows on them this year. Doh!
 
Most memorable Christmas moment?
The one that stands out to me was when I got a Cabbage Patch Kid for Christmas. I'd sneaked downstairs really early and had a little rummage (as you do) but I couldn't see one! After we had opened our presents my Mum nipped upstairs and said that Santa had dropped him off in their room! He was great, he was called Ernie and had a little dressing gown on.
 

What made you realize the truth about Santa?I don't remember, I think my brother may have let it slip (he is 8 years older than me after all).

Do you make New Year resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I do make a few, my one last year was to not stress out as much which really didn't happen. I might do a post on my ones for this year.

What makes Christmas special for you?

Spending the days with my family and letting Karl in our bedroom (wild I know!), it's the only room he isn't allowed in usually. Chocolate for breakfast too, that's never a bad thing.
 
All images from Google.