Tuesday, 23 December 2014

LUSH Ultrabalm* | Review

Hello

When I received a little pot of Ultrabalm I wasn't 100% sure what it was for. "multi purpose balm"? Eh?


Ultrabalm is described as: This is a very simple but effective formula, with just three moisturising ingredients. The three ingredients being organic jojoba oil, candelillia wax and rose wax making it vegan friendly

Ultrabalm can be used for a variety of different things:
  • a lip balm
  • to soften hard elbows
  • to tame eyelashes and eyebrows
  • to brighten tattoos
  • to protect your skin when dying your hair
I personally have been using as a lip balm, elbow soother and I have read somewhere that it can help your eyebrows grow so I have been putting some on before I go to bed. I can't tell if there has been an improvement yet but I hope it works!

Another thing I have been using Ultrabalm for is soothing dry skin around lingering spots. You know what I mean, that flaky patch of skin that makes your foundation look dodgy and it works a treat.

The texture of Ultrabalm is balmy but grainy. I don't find it to be unpleasant but as I use as a lip treatment in the evening it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't like to apply lipstick over the top of it though in honesty.

A 45g pot of Ultrabalm will set you back £8.95 which sounds quite pricey but you only need to use a tiny bit so 45g will last you ages. I've been using mine religiously and I've barely made a dent in it.

Are you a fan of Ultrabalm? What do you use it for?