Thursday, 27 November 2014

Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette* | Review and Swatches

Hello

How many neutral palettes does a girl need? At least one more, as always.


My main issue with the original Naked palette is the gross velvet packaging, which I'm pleased to say isn't present on the Naked 2. The metal tin is a much more welcome addition.


With Naked 2 you get a generously sized mirror as well as the 12 eyeshadows. The shadows range from shimmer to matte so something to suit everyone. Naked 2 is geared towards people with a cooler skintone, although I don't really buy into that, wear what makes you happy.

 

The first half of the palette has the paler shades, 3 matte and 3 shimmers. I love Half Baked and Snakebite for an every day sort of look. Foxy is too yellow for me to pull off, but Bootycall and Chopper get quite a bit of use.


The second half of the palette contains the darker shades, 5 of which are shimmer with only 1 matte. Strangely I am drawn to these shades more, Suspect, Pistol, YDK and Busted are absolutely gorgeous. Verve works well as an inner corner highlight and Blackout I tend to use as an eyeliner.

All of the shades in Naked 2 are full size and this is my favourite Naked palette. It gets a lot of use and contains a lot of beautiful shadows. The longevity of the eyeshadows is at least 12 hours which is all I ever want.

Naked 2 costs £37.00.