Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder AKA The Chocolate Bronzer in Shade 51 | Review and Swatches

Hello

As a pale* girl bronzers have previously terrified me but after seeing a review on this offering from Bourjois in the shade 51 I thought I would give it a whirl.

*see-through


As always, lets start with the packaging. It looks cute but it doesn't need to be as big honestly, it's a bit too cumbersome to fit in my normal makeup bag which annoys me. This particular packaging is made of cardboard and has a magnetic closure which shuts securely. The cardboard doesn't bother me either, if it's good enough for Benefit..

A lot of people comment that the chocolate bronzers smell of chocolate but I don't get that at all. To me it smells of a particular furniture polish that my Gran used to be obsessed with. You can't smell once applied so that isn't an issue for me!


The powder itself is very finely milled and applies perfectly using a kabuki brush such as this one. The shade 51 is perfect for the palest of the pale as it doesn't have that weird orange tint to it. The powder contains tiny glitter particles which don't really translate to the skin thankfully.

I have never used another bronzer in my life so I'm not sure what a good longevity is but I can still see this at the end of the working day (12 hours after application) so I think that's pretty good!

As the shade is so pale it only makes a subtle difference but I find it makes me look more healthy.


At £7.99 I don't think this product is too expensive and I would definitely buy again. The only thing that annoys me is the huge ridiculous name, so unnecessary.

What are your recommendations of bronzing powders for pale girls?