Thursday, 23 October 2014

Urban Decay Naked Palette | Review and Swatches

Hello

Slowly but surely I am adding more and more from the Naked range by Urban Decay to my collection, the latest being the original Naked palette.


The Naked palette houses 12 full size eyeshadows in a velvet magnetised case. I hate the feel of velvet so I'm glad they moved on to metal tins. 


Inside the case you get a generous sized mirror as well as a double ended shadow brush which I think is pretty good. Usually brands put those daft sponge ones in there that just get chucked in the bin so this is a nice change.


Naked contains 12 eyeshadows which fall in to four categories; matte, satin, shimmer and sparkle. Naked is the most bronze hued of all of the Naked palettes so perfect for an every day look. I lean towards Virgin, Sin, Sidecar, Half Baked, Smog and Toasted rather than the matte and more grey shades as I find that is what suits my eyes and complexion the most. For a night out I tend to use Darkhorse, Creep and Gunmetal rather than the paler shades.


The quality of Urban Decay eyeshadows is second to none and they last for 12 hours on my (oily) eyelids without creasing or disappearing. They would probably last longer but I tend to whip my makeup off as soon as I get in from work.

If you are looking for a great neutral eyeshadow palette than Naked by Urban Decay is the one for you. I get so much use out of mine so I don't mind that it costs £37! I would use it even more if it didn't creep me out having to touch the velvet.