Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Topshop Lipstick in Rio Rio* | Review and Swatches

Hello

Over the past few years I have been searching for my perfect red lip. I tend to shy away from reds in favour of oranges and pinks purely because I have never found "the one". 


I love the outer packaging on the Topshop lipsticks, the illustration just adds a bit more interest for me and I think it looks cute enough to appeal to Topshop's younger customers.


I also really like the casing of the Topshop lipsticks, I can spot them at a glance in between all my other plain black lipsticks. The tube is sleek and has a satisfying "click" letting you know the lid is securely in place therefore being perfect to take out and about.


I was skeptical about trying Topshop's makeup line at first, purely because it isn't what they are known for. With that logic put to one side I can happily tell you that the quality of Rio Rio is amazing. It applies evenly and easily and has great longevity. Rio Rio has a matte finish but it is in no way drying on the lips. As with all lipsticks I apply over a lip balm then I'm good to go.


Rio Rio is classed as an orange toned red which is why I think it suits my skin tone so well. I find I can pull off oranges quite easily but reds, not so much. I do find it doesn't make my teeth look discoloured either so a massive thumbs up from me!

 

For £8 I will definitely be adding more of these to my collection. Have you tried any of the Topshop lipsticks? What shades would you recommend?