Sunday, 5 October 2014

The Weekly Ramble #74

Hello

The weekly face:


As you may know I have been off work this week (yippee!) and my plan was to spend some time with my folks, get some serious housework done (boring stuff like windows) and get ahead of myself with blogging (boo for minimal sunlight hours). I only really achieved one of those but oh well.

On Monday I got a call from my parents asking did I want to go for a Costa as they were in the area so of course I said yes, I also got some Christmas presents sorted for my nieces and nephew which was a total bonus. Other than that I slobbed about reading and relaxing.

Tuesday my Mum and I ventured into Liverpool for a girly day. We went to Cafe Rouge for lunch (Mum's fave) and did a spot of shopping around the city centre. I bought a gorgeous skirt from Forever 21, I'm so glad midi's are "in" at the moment as they suit my style. Mum had booked a surprise for us, to go on the big wheel which is situated on Albert Dock. I will be honest I didn't even realise there was a big wheel in Liverpool. It just goes to show that you never do the tourist things in your own cities. I really enjoyed it and we bought the souvenir photo as it was a good one of both of us (never happens). I then treated us to a brew and some cake from the Thorntons cafe which was so good! After shopping until about 6pm we made our way home on the train. Exhausted is not the word.

On Wednesday I took my Mum to a local garden centre, again for a hot chocolate and a cake. I am so not looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow when I'm back in work! We bought some Winter proof plants and did a spot of weeding when we got home. It's good to know that everything is ready for Winter already.

On Thursday I had the day to myself and the first thing I did was place a huge Makeup Revolution order. Whoops. I quite like spending time by myself so I had a leisurely bath and pamper and caught up on some TV programs.

On Friday I finally managed to take some blog photos as I had the day to myself yet again. I hate trying to get photos as the days are getting greyer and shorter. I also finished my book - No Place Like Home by Mary Higgins Clark which I thoroughly enjoyed, it's one of the best books that I have read in a long time.

Saturday involved a trip to the Midlands to visit James' family. It took ages to get there because of all the roadworks on the M6. Eugh. We went for a lovely pub lunch then to visit the family. I was shattered when I got home, motorways do that to me.

Today I am planning to write up some blog posts and get planning what people are having for Christmas. Any ideas for hard to buy husbands are greatly appreciated.