Thursday, 16 October 2014

Neal's Yard Remedies Lengthening Mascara in Black* | Review

Hello

I've said it before and I will say it again, I am not a mascara person. I tend to be happy with whatever I pick up in Boots/Superdrug as they all do essentially the same thing, volumise and blacken the lashes. Or so I thought...


I really like the packaging of the Lengthening Mascara from Neal's Yard Remedies, it feels quite weighty and of a high quality. The brush is a plastic wand which is quite chunky at the bottom but gets smaller as you near the end. I'm not a huge lover of plastic bristles but this one didn't irritate my eyes so that's a bonus.


Now, onto what really matters, the formula. The formula feels quite thin, not watery but not as thick as normal mascaras. This in turn gives a very "natural" look for your eyelashes. I use the term natural because honestly I wouldn't bother. I have long black eyelashes anyway and you could hardly tell that I had applied this. Another weird thing about this mascara is the scent. I know, who wants a scented mascara? It smells quite sweet but chemically which is odd. The scent lasts throughout the day too which is a no-go for me.

On the picture below I am wearing four coats of this mascara (I normally wear two with anything else):


Excuse the brows, I am still trying to grow them!

All in all I am disappointed with this mascara, especially for the price (£16!?) and I will be sticking to my trusty "lower end" offerings.