Monday, 22 September 2014

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette | Review and Swatches

Hello

When I saw that Urban Decay were releasing another Naked palette I did roll my eyes a little, but who can blame them with the Naked line being so successful. I told myself I didn't need Naked Basics 2 but when I spied it for £16 on Cohorted I couldn't help myself.

Anyway.. onto the actual product! The Naked Basics 2 has exactly the same packaging as the original Naked Basics. It is compact and is very smooth with raised lettering.


The Naked Basics 2 (Naked 2 Basics?) contains 6 full sized eyeshadows; Skimp, Stark, Frisk, Cover, Primal and Undone. Five of these are brand new shades so this palette is worth picking up if you are a collector.


As with all Urban Decay eyeshadows the formula is very soft and buttery. They blend really easily so perfect for beginners. As these shades are all cool neutrals they are perfect for a daytime work look. I find that Urban Decay shadows last about 12 hours on me but I am prone to oiliness in the eye area.

Below is a comparison of Naked Basics and Naked Basics 2:


As you can see the shades in this palette are cooler than in the original. You still get five matte shades and one shimmer. In honesty you probably don't need both of these palettes and if I were to pick I would go for the Naked Basics 2.

The Naked Basics 2 from Urban Decay launches on Friday 3rd October and is £22.