Thursday, 25 September 2014

Roger and Gallet Gingembre Rouge Fresh Fragrant Water | Review

Hello

I know a lot of people don't appreciate the humble perfume sample but I love them. They are a great way to discover new scents that you previously wouldn't have given a second glance.

I received a sample of Gingembre Rouge by Roger and Gallet and was absolutely blown away. I can't put my finger on what it reminds me of exactly but the scent is fresh, floral and a bit warm all at the same time.



I love the packaging, I think it looks very chic with the purple to red ombré that it has going on. It feels sturdy and weighty and doesn't feel like it would smash if you knocked it over. I'm the clumsiest person in life so that's a big issue for me!

Roger and Gallet say:
Inspired by a stopover in Zanzibar, this energising fragrance reveals the freshness and sensuality of ginger in all its states. Perfume creators, Alberto Morillas and Amandine Clerc-Marie, wrote the Gingembre Rouge story. They worked together to capture the magical allure of this exotic island and create a love story told through ingredients. The result is a vibrant and addictive fragrance that can be worn everyday.

Mysterious, spicy and addictive notes come together to create a colourful explosion. Fresh ginger is complemented by juicy mandarin and sparkling pomegranate notes.  Vibrant, joyful notes of ginger flower and mouth-watering lychee are combined with the indulgence of crystallised ginger.A captivating trail.

I know it contains ginger but it doesn't smell overly ginger-y if you know what I mean. It doesn't smell festive is what I think I'm trying to say. I think this fragrance is light and long-lasting and it has become my go to scent when I am feeling a bit undecided.

So next time you get one of these..



.. make sure you give it a go, you may just discover a new favourite.

Roger and Gallet's Gimgembre Rouge Fresh Fragrant Water is £32.00 for 100ml and is available from Marks and Spencer.