Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Collection Cream Puff in Cotton Candy | Review and Swatches

Hello

I was browsing the aisles of Boots one day when this little gem caught my eye.


For £2.99 I figured I had nothing to lose so I picked up a couple and went on my merry way. I don't exactly know what I was expecting from a "moisturising lip cream" either as I haven't seen them talked about in the blogosphere. The packaging is sturdy so perfect for throwing in your bag. I also like that the colour of the tube matches the colour of the product.


As you can see it is a doefoot applicator which turns out to be perfect for getting the right amount of product. Using this type of applicator I can get a really smooth application which looks great. I have just read that some people find them to highlight dry patches but as I always apply over a lip balm I don't have that issue. Once the lip cream has dried down it has an almost matte finish. It isn't the sort of matte that makes you feel like your lips are going to crack but a nice easy to wear formula instead.


I love the shade Cotton Candy, it is subtle enough to wear for work (or school I suppose - even if I am far too old for that) but still gives a healthy colour to your lips. One of the best things about this lip product is the scent, it smells like caramel/toffee and is just delicious.

The wear time isn't all that great and won't last though eating/drinking. As it is so easy to reapply this isn't an issue for me personally but may be something to consider.


My one problem with the Cream Puffs from Collection is the shade range! There are 4 in total but I would love to see them bring out some reds/oranges/purples etc.