Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Elemis Soothing Apricot Toner* | Review

Hello

When I received the Soothing Apricot Toner by Elemis I was really excited to use it. I just associate Elemis with being a bit fancy and out of my price range.


The bottle feels very sturdy and I always like it when the packaging is transparent, so you can see exactly how much is left. The lid contains a spray nozzle so that you can just give yourself a quick spritz.

Elemis say: This Soothing Apricot Toner effectively tones the skin and helps maintain the pH level, without the use of alcohol or harsh detergents which can strip the skin's natural oils. Extracts of Apricot, Quillaja Wood and Sweet Betty Flower soothe and harmonise the skin, leaving a fresh and radiant complexion."

I use this as a spritz after an acid tone morning and evening, I find that it gives me a healthy glow for the day ahead. The scent is quite unusual, I was expecting something very fruity (synthetic smelling) but it is very subtle. You can definitely smell apricot but it isn't overpowering. I did try using this on a cotton round and using as a traditional toner but I find spritzing works better for me personally.

The price is the only thing that puts me off really, £22 for 200ml. Once this runs out I will definitely be on the hunt for a cheaper alternative.