Sunday, 27 July 2014

The Weekly Ramble #64

Hello


The weekly face:

I never thought I would be putting a makeup free photo on the internet. Boo for not being able to wear makeup for 7 days!

I had a quiet working week which consisted of two days. It is very strange and I don't think I could ever work part time.

On Wednesday I spent the day with my lovely Mum. We went for afternoon tea in a posh hotel then for a spot of shopping. It was quite odd as I wasn't allowed to wear makeup so I felt daft in a fancy dress and a naked face. I picked up a gorgeous lacy black blazer which is perfect for when it gets cooler in the evenings. As it is totally scorching at the moment I doubt I will get the opportunity to wear it for a few weeks.

I also managed to pop into Wilkinsons to pick up some Essence goodies! I got three things which I absolutely love, there will be posts coming up I am sure.

Right, Thursday, the biggie. As you may know I casually booked myself in for laser eye surgery last Friday. That is 6 days to get my head around it. Well 5 and a half really. On the morning I was a bit nervous but not overly, I still managed to eat and everything. After two hours in Optical Express I was done and dusted, most of that was re-running tests and having a chat with the consultant and the nurses. The surgery itself only took about 10 minutes.

I pretty much slept all afternoon only waking to put my drops in. I had to go back on Friday for my 24 hour checkup and the optometrist told me that I already have better than 20/20 vision. I can't believe the change is that quick. It is a bit odd sleeping with goggles on and I'm quite light sensitive (hence the dodgy photo) so having to wear sunglasses quite a lot.

Yesterday we went for a 3 mile walk and just dossed about in the afternoon. I can't do any vigorous exercise for a week so walking is definitely the way forward.

Today I am just planning on relaxing and catching up on housework. I haven't felt like doing any with the weather being so lovely.