Thursday, 3 July 2014

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Atomic | Review and Swatches

Hello

When I saw that MUA had released Velvet Lip Lacquers as part of their Luxe range I knew I had to have one. These are supposedly dupes of Lime Crime's Velvetines, as I have never tried the Velvetines I wouldn't be knowing but they do look very similar.


Housed in a frosted glass tube with a matte black lid they are very visually appealing. It does annoy me that you don't get a true idea of what shade you are buying though.

Atomic is described as a bright berry shade. The formula claims to be long-lasting and kiss proof.


I wouldn't personally describe it as a berry shade, more of an orange-red. It is a very bold shade which would be perfect for a night out. I don't find the formula long wearing as it sort of crumbles off and doesn't fade evenly. You need a steady hand and a lot of patience to apply these as it takes about 5 minutes to try. 5 minutes of looking like a goldfish, nobody has time for that.


I do think that it is a stunning shade but it is too much faffing for me personally. At least it only set me back £3!