Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Botanics 97% Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm | Review

Hello

I am on my second tub of this Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm by Botanics now so thought it was time to share my thoughts.


Cleansing Balms have really taken the beauty world by storm recently and are recommended for an evening cleanse. They can be suitable for all skin types which is a huge bonus.

The packaging is a screw top tub which is quite sturdy and inoffensive to the eye. The product itself isn't the nicest looking, but it smells amazing. You win some you lose some.

At room temperature the balm is solid, but when scooping a bit out it starts to liquify due to the warmth of your hands. You massage this into your face until you look very shiny and unattractive and then hold a warm flannel over it to draw out any impurities. I do this a few times and then wipe the balm away to reveal thoroughly cleansed skin.

Ingredients include shea butter, rosehip and jojoba oil to leave skin soft and cleansed. Being oily/combination I was a bit worried about having more oil added to my face but I needn't have worried, if you remove it thoroughly it leaves no residue.

I use this in an evening as my second cleanse and I absolutely love using it. I am tempted to try some of the more expensive balm cleansers on the market but if it ain't broke and all that. This doesn't break me out at all which is obviously a massive bonus!

For £8.99 I don't think you can go wrong in honesty. The only thing I don't like about it is the cloth that it comes with but that is insignificant really as I have a cupboard full of Washi!