Thursday, 15 May 2014

Vichy Idealia Smoothing and Illuminating Cream | Review #BBBBeautyBoxII

Hello

I am not a huge lover of a heavy moisturiser, I much prefer a gel texture so I was a bit unsure about using this.


The packaging is a plastic tub with a screw top lid. I know some people have qualms about putting their fingers in a pot because it is unhygienic, but I don't find it a problem as I will have washed my hands first anyway. It feels quite weighty and sturdy.

Vichy say:

This cream is designed for skin showing signs of ageing, with wrinkles, dullness and uneven skin texture. Vichy has created Idéalia, a smoothing and illuminating cream. It is enriched with Kombucha, a powerful tea extract that smoothes skin's texture and improves radiance. Idealia cream visibly smooths the look of wrinkles. The skin texture appears refined. Skin feels softer and more supple. It reawakens skin's natural radiance for a fresh and even complexion. Vichy Idéalia is tested under dermatological control. Hypoallergenic. Uses soothing and fortifying Vichy Thermal Spa Water. Paraben free.The cream has a pleasant non-greasy and non-sticky texture.

I don't have any wrinkles yet but I am prone to dull skin. I use this in an evening as I find creams too heavy for the daytime. I do think this gives me a radiant glow and makes my skin feel soft and smooth. I do find that it absorbs quite quickly.

As it isn't fragrance free I do think it may irritate more sensitive skin but it is fine for me as I am oily/combination. I can't quite put my finger on the scent but it is gentle and not overpowering.

The 50ml version of Vichy's Idealia Smoothing and Illuminating Cream is £22 from Boots.