Tuesday, 20 May 2014

L'Occitane Verbena Range | Review

Hello

As you may have gathered by now I am a huge L'Occitane fan. My Mum recently surprised me with 3 items from their Verbena range and I thought I would share my thoughts with you.


I was slightly confused as to why you would need two shower gels in the same fragrance family but there is a method in their madness.

The one on the left is a normal shower gel, and the one on the right is a fresh shower gel.

First of all, I love the packaging, it looks very classy with the silver lids and the leaf imprinted onto the bottle. They look very suave sitting on my bathroom shelf.

The fragrance of the normal shower gel is like sherbert lemons with a hint of lime. The consistency is very runny but a little goes a long way. It doesn't create a huge amount of lather but still leaves you squeaky clean and fresh smelling. I am finding this scent perfect for the warmer months that we are having as it is zesty. My only problem is that it is quite a unisex scent, I am finding that James is using it too!

The fragrance of the fresh shower gel is still fresh and citrusy, but with a hint of mint. You can't really see in the photo but there are little beads suspended in the gel which burst when you lather it up. These are very cooling which is perfect for this time of year. Again I think Verbena is a unisex scent so perfect if you are willing to share.


I love a body scrub, I always have about 4 on the go at once oops! This is classed as an exfoliating shower gel which makes sense as it isn't too scrubby. It is very gentle so perfect for every day use. This is very cooling so perfect for hot days and for waking yourself up in the morning.

All three of these products from L'Occitane contain Verbena extract from Provence.

I don't think I would buy these for myself as they are out of my price range (£14 for a shower gel) but they are great if you fancy a splurge. I would definitely recommend them though - if only money were no object!