Thursday, 22 May 2014

Botanics Radiant Youth Microdermabrasion Polish | Review

Hello

Whoah, what a name! I've really been getting into the Botanics range over the last couple of months, and when I had a voucher for extra points on anything in the range I thought I would give this a whirl.


The packaging is a standard squeezy tube which houses 120ml of product. I find tubes easier to use in the shower rather than tubs as I'm super clumsy and get water everywhere.

This Microdermabrasion Polish is from the Radiant Youth range which I think is the anti-aging range. I tend to suffer with dull skin unless I exfoliate regularly so this is perfect for me.

Botanics say:

This intensive micro-polishing treatment encourages cell renewal for a younger looking, more radiant complexion. Dullness banishing microparticles help to refine pores and improve skin texture, for a salon experience at home. Ginkgo is one of nature's most trusted protectors. Environmental stresses can cause free radicals that degrade collagen and elastin, which give skin its youthful structure. Ginkgo leaves are packed with antioxidants that work to protect from this damage, helping skin look younger for longer.

Generally speaking, I like chunky exfoliators and have never really gone down the grainier route. This has quite a strange texture, it almost feels like sand suspended in a paste formula. The particles are very fine so shouldn't cause any irritation to the skin. The product itself is a white/grey colour and has no scent.


To use you apply a small amount to cleansed skin in circular motions, taking care to avoid the eye area. Speaking from experience, it hurts if you get in your eyes! Rinse off and pat dry. I have been using this once a week and my Burt's Bees one in between uses. Manual exfoliating twice a week seems to work well for me but I'm sure you could use more regularly if that is what works for you.

The 120ml Radiant Youth Microdermabrasion Polish from Botanics costs £7.99 and is available from Boots.