Thursday, 24 April 2014

Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Electrum | Review and Swatches

Hello

I will be honest, when Electrum dropped through my door I was a little bit perplexed as to how I was going to use it.



This is my first Illamasqua product and it definitely won't be my last. The packaging is the typical Illamasqua with a clear plastic square(ish) pot with a black lid.

Electrum is described as "A rich and highly pigmented metallic cream that grabs full attention wherever it's applied. Smooth onto eyes, face and body with fingers or a brush and prepare to take the spotlight."

  
As you can see, Electrum is what I would describe as a true gold, not too yellow and very metallic. I don't really have an occasion (or inclination) to wear this as a block colour on my eyelids so I have been using it as an eyeliner.

I have seen people say that it is too greasy/creasy/slides about but I had none of those issues, probably because I apply it over a matte eyeshadow. Any little eyeliner brush will do the trick, I use my Bobbi Brown one and it works perfectly.

I can confirm that this stayed on all night while bopping around at a gig. It was really hot and I thought my makeup would have slid off - but it was still as perfect as when I applied it.



The look I have gone for is very subtle which Illamasqua aren't really known for! Electrum on its own has been discontinued but you can get hold of it as part of the Liquid Metal Palette which is £34 for 4 shades.


P.S. I know I look crazy with no glasses on.