Thursday, 13 March 2014

Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub | Review

Hello

I have wanted this face scrub for the longest time but didn't want to buy it until I had used up some other ones that I had on the go. It can't just be me that does this surely?


I think this is the first Burt's Bees product that I have actually owned myself, my Mum uses quite a bit of the range so I am forever "sampling" bits and bobs but this is the first product that I have bought myself.

Burt's Bees say: Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub is a natural sulfate-free facial cleanser with finely ground peach stone that naturally and gently exfoliates to remove excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells leaving skin soft and smooth. Willow bark and golden seal extracts, known for their astringent properties, and ginger and sea algae extracts help to revitalise your skin and replenish essential minerals, leaving your face deeply clean and naturally nourished.

I say: This is quite a gritty face scrub which is my exfoliator of choice. I find that the grittier scrubs do a better job of giving me lovely smooth skin. I wouldn't say that it was gentle as such as it is scrubby, but doesn't irritate in the slightest. My face does feel super clean after using this and actually squeaks. I'm not sure if this is a good thing, faces shouldn't squeak - to quote Caroline Hirons.


I haven't experienced any breakouts or anything but I would like to point out that the scent may not be to everyone's tastes. It is quite strange but I like it now that I am used to it. I use this once a week and find that that is enough for me. I do think that this is quite expensive, it is £10.99 for 110g and you can purchase from Boots and Debenhams.