Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express | Review #BBBBeautyBoxII

Hello

I can't believe I haven't featured a mascara on the blog before. Mascaras do not excite me - they all essentially aim to do the same thing so I tend to just grab whatever is on offer.

The Rocket Volum' Express was included in the second #BBBBeautyBox so it sat patiently in my drawer waiting for its turn.



I love the packaging on this, hot pink letters with a background of shimmery blue definitely stands out when rummaging in the makeup bag. I also like that the Maybelline mascaras are chunky, it doesn't feel like I am going to drop it!

Would you look at the size of that brush?! it is huge. So huge in fact that it coats every lash in one go. I tend to use coats of mascara as a general rule, to make them stand out a bit more against my huge black glasses.

The formula is lovely, very black and not clumpy at all. It also isn't too wet so doesn't take ages to dry.

On the photo below I have two coats on my left eye (the one on the right - how confusing) and nothing on the others.


I would say that it definitely lives up to its claims of adding volume and would happily purchase this again. The Rocket Volum' Express mascara by Maybelline costs £7.99 and is available from Boots and Superdrug. There is also a waterproof version if that is more your thing.