Tuesday, 21 January 2014

L'Occitane - Angelica Cleanser and Toner | Reivew #BBBBeautyBoxII

Hello

Firstly, shiny lettering on cylindrical packaging is not the one for photographing purposes.



In general, I love L'Occitane, they make amazing products. This I just couldn't get on with. I haven't used a gel cleanser for about 4 years because they are drying and cause havoc with my skin. 

I have been using this as my morning cleansing routine, while sticking with using a balm cleanser in the evenings.

I apply this cleanser to my dry face in circular motions and then add a bit of water using my palm to get it to lather. To rinse off I use a Washi!, muslin or flannel (whatever is on the top of the pile realistically) and then pat dry using a towel.

I then finish with a bit of toner on a cotton round before applying my usual moisturiser.

This is what L'Occitane say:

Cleanser: 
Fresh and delicate, Angelica Cleansing Gel transforms into a light and airy foam when combined with water. Enriched with water and essential oil of organic angelica, it softly removes make-up and impurities, while preserving the skin's hydrolipidic film, for perfectly clean and hydrated skin. Skin feels immediately soft and looks radiant.

Suitable for all skin types.
Dermatologically tested. Non-comedogenic. 


Toner:
This alcohol-free face toner, enriched with angelica essential oil and water, moisturises, refreshes and cleanses the skin of impurities. After use, skin is soft, radiant and ready to absorb all the benefits of your daily skin care regimen.

Suitable for all skin types.
Dermatologically tested. Non-comedogenic. 

As I said previously, gel cleansers tend to mess up my skin. This one hasn't! My skin feels lovely and soft after using this and my (hormonal) spots are soothed and are sent on their merry way.

The one dislike I have about this duo is the scent. It smells flowery and overpowering which disappointingly stays throughout the day. It actually makes me feel nauseous. It would be okay if the scent was only there for a short time but it really lingers.

Bizarrely, most of the reviews on the site are raving about the scent - so it could just be me. 

You can purchase the Angelica range here, they are £16 each (200ml).

Have you ever used these? What are your thoughts?