Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Empties #4

Hello

I feel like I am finally making a dent in my huge stash of beauty products, yipee! The 5 most recent to be used up are:

  • REN - Clearcalm 3 Mask
  • SBC - Collagen Shower Gel
  • Clinique - Moisture Surge Face Spray
  • Maybelline - The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara Cat Eyes
  • Clinique - Moisture Surge

Clearcalm 3 Mask - I have already done a full review of this here but to recap it does what it promises, calms oily skin right down and reduces blemishes. It smells terrible, but it works.
Repurchase: Definitely.



Collagen Shower Gel - I love SBC, and this was no exception. 500ml of shower gel is slightly excessive though, I felt like the king of the world when I had used it all up (not even joking.) The smell of this is very subtle but girly, and is very moisturising for a shower gel.
Repurchase: Definitely, after using up my stash!

Moisture Surge Face Spray - This came with a free gift from Clinique but you can buy a full sized 125ml for a whopping £20. My colleague gave me this out of her free gift because she couldn't work out its purpose. I didn't use it to "hydrate my face throughout the day" or any of that malarkey, I used it as a toner instead. It was okay as a toner but I definitely wouldn't be spraying my face with it, who wants a wet face? I think it is trying to be like the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, which it isn't. I just don't get the point of this one honestly.
Repurchase: No.



Colossal Volum' Express Cat Eyes -  I like Maybelline mascaras in general, but this one I wasn't impressed with. I found the formula to be watery and needed a few coats so my lashes were black. I also wasn't a huge fan of the wand, or as they call it the "feline applicator". Who thinks of these things? It is a rubbery wand which I found scratchy. The wand did cover each lash though.
Repurchase: No.


Moisture Surge - This is actually James' so I asked him could he give me a few words on it... "it's alright yeah". Sigh. He swiped my Moisture Surge years ago now and has been re-buying it ever since.
Repurchase: Yes.