Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray | Review

Hello

With all of the hype surrounding this surf spray I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! I tend to have really flat hair that is quite fine so I am always looking for a bit of oomph that isn't a) ridiculous bouffant volume and b) low maintenance.

The purpose of this spray is to give "beachy hair", textured and not too polished.



I will start off by saying that this is not cheap and cheerful unfortunately, 125ml costs £21.50 from Boots which is more than I would normally pay, but I thought it would be worth it seeing as people seem to love it and get great results.

To use you "work through damp or dry hair; let dry naturally or blow-dry with a diffuser. Or on dry hair for detailing and adding lift at the roots. The less you touch it, the longer it will hold."

I let my hair dry naturally as much as possible anyway as I am trying to grow it, so I spray this throughout my hair and scrunch it a bit, then leave it to its own devices.

This is what my hair looks like without any product on it dried naturally:


And this was the result using the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray:



Apologies for no make up in either picture, don't want to be scaring you all away now do I!

I do like the effect that it gives but no way do I think it is worth over £20. I will be looking for a cheaper alternative as I do think that it gives a good finish/texture.

What surf/texturising sprays do you recommend?