Saturday, 14 December 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies | Recipe

Hello

When I am stressed, I bake. One of the easiest things in life to make are chocolate chip cookies (also the tastiest) so I thought I would share my recipe with you!

Ingredients/what you will need:
200g plain flour
150g plain chocolate chips
150g white chocolate chips
150g sugar
140g butter (I use Stork margarine)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
Scales
Greaseproof paper
Sieve
Baking tray (I use a pizza tray)
Wire rack
2 bowls
Handsome chap to help mix (optional)


Method:
1. Preheat your oven and make sure the rack is on the middle shelf. 180 degrees C or 170 degrees C if you are using a fan assisted oven. Grease some baking sheets (I tend to use 3 or 4)

2. In one bowl (bowl A) cream the butter and sugar together until it goes pale and fluffy looking. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.




3. In your other bowl (bowl B) sieve the flour and baking powder together.


4. Gradually add the contents of bowl B into bowl A, mixing as you go. Once that is all mixed together add the chocolate chips in.


5. Dollop your mixture (about a tablespoon each) onto your baking sheet, spacing them as far as you can as they spread out quite a lot.

6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until they are golden. Transfer onto your wire rack and allow to cool.


7. Enjoy!


You can store these for up to 5 days in an airtight container.