Saturday, 11 May 2013

REN Clearcalm 3 Clarity Restoring Mask

Hello

On a Friday after work I like to have a bit of a pamper night and generally relax! I've had quite a hectic week at work with meetings with the bigwigs and two exams on Thursday. I cannot wait until this NVQ is over honestly.

One of the main features of a pamper night for me is a lovely hot bubble bath and a face mask. As I suffer from oily skin prone to breakouts then this is the one I reach for most often.



The directions say leave on for 15 minutes but I usually just leave it on until I can feel it hardening (about 30 minutes). I have never had an adverse reaction so I don't really think it matters.

I don't really know what is going on with my hair and general face in this picture but here we have the mask in action:





The actual dispenser is a pump so very hygienic without any waste of product. It is quite a thick clay based mask which is designed to absorb sebum, reduce pore size and calm the skin overall.


My main gripe with this is that the smell is quite off-putting, like sulphur. In other reviews I have read people find it just smells medicinal, but for me it is a lot stronger!

I can get over the smell though for the fact that it actually works, my skin produces less oil and feels really smooth but not dry. Coming in at £30 for 50ml it isn't cheap but if you do suffer with problematic skin then I think it is worth investing in skincare that does the job.

As always thanks for reading and please leave a comment, it really makes my day :)



Bit of a festive picture of Karl there, this was taken on Christmas day hence the wooden turkey and cracker :)


Love

Kayleigh x