Tuesday, 28 May 2013

No7 Tinted Moisturiser

Hello

Today I thought I would talk about my most reached-for base product of the moment; the No7 Tinted Moisturiser in "Fair". I would like to point out that I am the palest of the pale (read: ghost face) and struggle getting a good colour match with highstreet products, but this is a perfect match.



I used to use the original version of this when I was in high school because it was subtle and stayed put all day. As I got older I found I needed something heavier to cover my unruly skin. Gradually my skin has got better so when I was in Boots I thought I would see what the new version is like.

Boots describe it as "natural, skin perfecting Tinted Moisturiser is the perfect all season solution and the first to have 5-Star UVA protection. The newly upgraded 5-star Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser combines the power of:
  • 5-Star UVA technology
  • SPF15
  • Our patent-oxidant complex
...to give your skin advanced protection from the sun and environment.
It also contains Hyaluronic acid, to provide 24-hour moisturisation, optical blurrers and vitamin A and E, all in a lightweight creamy texture to leave skin looking and feeling radiant."

Now this all sounds very technical and it definitely gives a radiant look to the skin without being shiny, has great staying power and is very lightweight and easy to apply and blend. This tinted moisturiser is perfect for Summer in my opinion as it won't melt off your face (never a good look) and doesn't really feel like you are wearing makeup.


Left: From tube. Right: Blended.

It is £11.50 for 50ml which is quite reasonable. I have had my tube for about 2 months now and haven't really made a dent in it. I wear this every day for work and most weekends which is a first for me because I get bored quite easily and want to try the "latest innovation".

Do you use anything from the No7 range? Are you a fan of tinted moisturisers or are you more of a foundation girl? 


Here we have Karl desperate for some fuss:



Love

Kayleigh x