Sunday, 5 May 2013

Avon Ideal Flawless BB Cream

Hello

I hope everyone is enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend! I'm having quite a quiet one, I went to meet a few friends for lunch yesterday but that's about it, although we are planning to do a few bits and bobs round the house tomorrow.

I thought today that I would talk about the new BB cream from Avon. I actually have quite a lot of Avon products in my stash even though I'm not a huge fan of their base and skincare products, my Godmother is an Avon lady and always recommending things though!



Anyway, onto the actual BB cream. This is only the second BB cream that I have tried (I know, I know, late to the party as always) and the main reason I bought it was because that it is SPF 15 and promises a "breathable" feel on the skin. I hate bases that feel heavy on the skin so I thought this would definitely be for me. It comes in six shades: Ivory, Natural Beige, Medium Beige, Nude, Shell and Nutmeg and costs £12 for 30ml. I chose the lightest shade (Ivory) as I am literally the palest person ever.



Upon application I found that the colour was far too dark for me and looked kind of orange-y, never a good look and really highlighted the dry patches and pores that I have on my nose. The coverage is only light and doesn't feel like you are wearing any makeup but because of the poor finish it isn't something that I can wear. I usually apply Bare Minerals Mineral Veil over any base product and with most things it gives a perfect finish, but even that couldn't redeem this I'm afraid.

Below is a comparison of the left hand with the BB cream, and the right hand without. I was going to show how it looks on my face but I am feeling quite ropey and didn't want to frighten anyone off!


It feels quite strange doing a negative review but I do think that it is important to show the good and the bad and to be honest about these things.

Thanks for reading and here is a daily dose of Karl 



Love

Kayleigh