Sunday, 28 April 2013

Revlon Lip Butters

Hello

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend, I went to the Trafford Centre today for some lunch and shopping, and finally got my hands on the Revlon Lip Butters.

First of all I would like to apologise for the photo quality on some of the images, I roped my husband in and we are quite new at this!

The three shades that I bought are 096 Macaroon, 090 Sweet Tart and 053 Sorbet.


The first thing that attracted me to these is that they are much more moisturising than a traditional lipstick. I struggle with normal lipsticks as my lips can be quite dry and the product clings in patches (nice). 

The first thing I do before applying a lip product is to exfoliate with something like this. For application I used two swipes to get my desired colour density. I think that you could build them up more but I prefer a more subtle look for everyday as I work in a hospital environment.

Macaroon
 Sorbet
 Sweet Tart
  
My favourite shade is Sweet Tart, although the above picture really doesn't do it justice (again apologies for the poor camera skills!) The finish that you can see on the Sorbet picture is the same for them all, nice and glossy without being sticky.




I don't think that these lip butters have a particularly long wear time, I would say around 2 hours max, but as they are so easy to apply you can definitely do so on the go.

The packaging is quite basic but I do like the quilting effect on the lid, it makes them look more expensive in my opinion!

For the price of £7.99 each I do personally think they are worth it, especially as they are on 3 for 2 at Boots at the minute.


Have you tried any of the Revlon Lip Butters and can you recommend any more shades? Please feel free to leave a comment :).

Thanks for reading and have a lovely evening.
Love

Kayleigh